Sale Mansion - Castellina in Chianti - Italy
Price on request
25 rooms - 8 bedrooms - 1200 m² - View : Countryside
Reference TCR005 — VILLA MICHELANGELO - Prestigious property that belonged to Michelangelo Buonarroti, the famous Florentine artist who painted the Sistine Chapel. Michelangelo bought it himself in 1549, in fact he is called “Egregium sculptorem et civem Florentinum…” (“Dear sculptor and Florentine citizen…”) in the contract. Buonarroti’s family owned this property until 1867. The estate of 1200 sqm is surrounded by vineyards, with an extraordinary view over the hills. It is composed of 3 buildings: the main Villa, built around an ancient tower that may be dated to the XI century, the original oil mill, now used as an outbuilding, and a lemon grove. The entire estate includes 8 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. The plot of 2.5 ha consists of parkland and an olive grove.
The current owner performed an excellent conservation intervention and an accurate work in order to reconstruct the story of this property; he also conserves all the copies of the original purchase agreement given by the historical archive.
Areas : 1 Land (25000sq m), 8 Bedrooms, 7 Bathrooms, 2 Outbuildings
- Legal informations :
- Agency fees not included
MEISSLER & CO INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
Am Kaiserkai 67
Phone : +49 4022 9291
Fax : +49 4022 9290